среда, 30 марта 2016 г.

Samer's 1930's Streamline Moderne Apartment

Samer's 1930's Streamline Moderne Apartment

Name: Samer Fawaz

Location: Los Angeles, California

Size: 1100 square feet

Years lived in: 1 1/2 years


When you walk into Samer's home you sense you are someplace special; someplace that has an interesting history. The building was originally built for actor Jack Haley, aka the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz." Over the years it was home to many models, rock stars and writers. In the summer of 1960, the penthouse had its most notable resident - Senator John F. Kennedy. It was in Samer's building that the senator found out that the Democratic delegates nominated him as the candidate for presidency.



Samer immediately fell in love with the apartment after seeing its amazing windows. "I entertain a lot and love eating at a circular table. I knew my table would fit right into the space the moment I walked in." When it came to deciding where to place the dining room table, Samer made an unexpected choice. Instead of having the dining room right off the kitchen, he decided to set up the table on the opposite side of the apartment. He made the room off the kitchen a lounge area for guests to congregate while he is cooking in the kitchen.


Apartment Therapy Survey:


My Style: Mid-Century with a little Moroccan mixed in


Inspiration: Anything I find that fall in love with, basically - I am drawn to Mid-Century furniture, beautiful metals, wood, etc.


Favorite Element: My big windows


Biggest Challenge: Not having the TV be the central focus of the living space


What Friends Say: They love how much light comes in. I throw a lot of dinner parties and people love the dining room.


Biggest Embarrassment: My balcony needs help, but my boyfriend is helping me with that


Proudest DIY: My collage of images above my bed, the lighting in the kitchen, and the TV situation in the breakfast nook


Biggest Indulgence: The half circle couch in the breakfast nook - I had it made special for the room


Best Advice: To put the TV in the breakfast nook and make the living room not revolve around the TV. Best advice ever.


Dream Source: Lawson Fenning, 1stdibs, The Rug Company, Emerson Troop, Orange


Resources of Note:


FURNITURE


ACCESSORIES


HARDWARE


BEDDING


LIGHTING


RUGS & CARPETS

I'm obsessed with Moroccan Rugs right now. I have a beni ourain rug, a kilm, and a ber ber rug I got from my trip to Marakesh last year


ARTWORK


Thanks Samer!


• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here

• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.

• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.


Original article and pictures take www.apartmenttherapy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий