вторник, 15 августа 2017 г.

Vintage Motorhome Before and Afters!

Vintage Motorhome Before and Afters!

It has been awhile since I've posted anything new on the motorhome! :) A couple weeks ago I set-up and staged the motorhome for some "almost" final "after" pictures. Honestly, I do not see much else getting done anytime soon. We're going into fall, so I think Sharkey will begin the hibernation stage soon. :) He may have one more trip this year ahead of him- but nothing set in stone yet...


So, here are the after pictures:


BEFORE AND AFTER  TWO
BEFORE AND AFTER TWO

BEFORE AND AFTER FOUR
BEFORE AND AFTER FOUR

BEFORE AND AFTER ONE
BEFORE AND AFTER ONE

BEFORE AND AFTER THREE
and a few more just for fun photos...

DSC07715 copy
I set-up Jenga, and played it by myself for a few turns... to achieve the desired effect (had to make it look convincing) it was like 110 degrees in the motorhome, so I DID enjoy the key lime sodas... no pretending there-

DSC07744 copy
DSC07744 copy

DSC07727 copy
DSC07727 copy

I realized the other day that I hadn't taken any pictures with the wood screens closed. I originally wanted to do something different- curtains maybe? But I'm so glad I didn't. I've come to appreciate the texture and retro-ness they bring to the room. :)


DSC07729 copy
The screen closing off the kitchen is slightly different, featuring smaller checks and a lighter color. I love that they are different. :) Jaydon still needs to wire in the other light up there on the right hand side. :)

DSC07734 copy
DSC07734 copy

The chalkboard contact paper has definitely earned my respect. I appreciate that it isnt permament, but really updated the look while still adding a fun surface. I purchased the contact paper online from AMAZON if anyone is interested. :)


DSC06902 copy
DSC06902 copy

The roller blinds were purchased from select blinds, and I covered the front with the same chevron fabric that was used for the throw pillows/curtains. I used a 3M adhesive spray and adhered the fabric to the blind, and I did the same thing over the door window:


DSC06615 copy
DSC06615 copy

DSC00976 copy
I created the artwork specifically for the motorhome, and listed it for sale in print form) in

my etsy shop.


The birch Tree mural was done freehand with acryllic paint. I considered sketching it with a pencil first, but on a whim decided to just wing it... and fortunately it turned out okay! :) Birch trees are so natural and unperfect- it seemed impossible to mess them up, although my inspiration was this gorgeous wallpaper from Cole and Son, titled Woods. It was a bit out of my price range though. :)


DSC07731 copy
Painting it myself meant I could add in cute little personal details like Mine and Jaydon's initials. :)

DSC07723 copy
DSC07723 copy

I sprayed the toilet with white Krylon Plastic spray paint, and once that happened the yellow counter looked more intentional. I think the two shades of yellow before were just a bit to much... Honestly though- I think the flooring, paint and slip covers are what really brought this little guy from drab to fab. He definitely feels younger... he told me so. ;) Jaydon also grabbed a picture of me in the motorhome... I'm feeling all nostalgic. :)


DSC08200 copy
DSC08200 copy

Really love having everything almost done! :) So glad you guys could join me along the way!!


Original article and pictures take vol25.typepad.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий